Spring is a wonderful time of the year where rain brings life and rebirth and flowers begin to bloom. In spring you feel more inspired to start a new routine, just start small and see the big impact on your health and wellbeing.
How about Sitting less and Moving More?
Nowadays people spend prolonged hours sitting at the desk, or in front of the screen, or texting on cell phones. Most people spend more than 10 hours a day sitting according to the Journal of Physical Therapy Science. Sitting all day may increase the risk of heart diseases, such as; diabetes , high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and excess body fat around the waist. Sitting too long also may affect posture, quality of movement, and quality of life.
Tips to move more
and sit less
At Work: Time Your Sitting
- When sitting at your desk set a reminder to get up every 30 minutes.
- When the alarm goes off go for a walk.
- Walk while on the phone.
- Take a walk break every time you go to the bathroom.
- You will come back with a more refresh mind and you will improve your productivity at work.
At Home Move More
- Make every step count! Drink more water and walk more...to the bathroom
- When you are sitting too long, get up stretch or sit and stand ten times.
- Incorporate stretching into your day.
- Your legs will get stronger, more flexible and you will feel more productive.
While Outdoors Stay Active
- Take the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- Park farther and take a few more steps.
- Replace Sunday drives for walks.
- Walk up and down at the grocery place before you shop.
- Wear comfortable shoes and enjoy the walk.
I hope everybody has a wonderful spring season and remember: I am always here to help you if you need me.
Thank you for your loyalty and for trusting me with your health and wellness.