Assisted stretching or Global Body Stretching was developed to release the tension generated in the body as a result of everyday activities. The body is exposed to muscle tension during everyday activities such as sitting, watching T.V., using a smartphone, driving or sitting in a chair or on an airplane for long hours.
These muscle tensions become chronic when they are not treated, predisposing the body to injuries, such as neck and back pain, body stiffness, numbness and tingling in hands, forward head posture, problems with walking, falls, pain after working out, etc.
The body is all connected through a fascia that covers the muscles of the whole body in one complete fascia. That is why knee pain could be the result of a hip condition, or numbness and tingling in the hand is related to neck problems because they are all connected via the fascia.
The fascia system is a thin layer of connective tissue that recovers the whole body from head to toe, surrounding the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, respiratory system, and digestive system.
Chaux Physical Therapy addresses the fascia system. Fascia is a thin layer of connective tissue that recovers the whole body from head to toe, surrounding the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, respiratory system, and digestive system.
The fascia system gives support, stability and shape to each structure in the body. It is an adaptive tissue that under stress or trauma, reorganizes itself to the change, becoming tight and restricted.
In a normal stage, the fascia is relaxed, but the presence of trauma, poor posture, repetitive sport injuries, and emotional factors, change its normal elasticity and viscosity pulling ligaments, muscles, bones in attempt to protect the body from further damage.
Difference Between Single Muscle Stretch and Fascia Stretch
Unlike single muscle stretching, Global Body Stretching works on the whole body from head to toe to release the tension in tight muscles, and restore the muscle balance, flexibility, and tone in weak muscles.
Doctor Alexandra Chaux uses a revolutionary global body stretching technique, which creates a postural alignment preserving the anatomy and physiology of the body without stressing other structures.
Global Body Stretching was created to restore the body’s flexibility and to maintain good body alignment. Positive body changes are demonstrable after the first session!
- Restore joint mobility
- Improve posture
- Reduce stress and Anxiety
- Decrease muscle tightness
- Reduce stiffness in seniors
- Decrease numbness and tingling in arms and legs
- Correct muscle imbalance during pregnancy and postpartum
- Improve balance and equilibrium
- Reduce body fatigue
- Produce Relaxation
- Improve Circulation
Conditions Treated with Assisted Stretching
- Back Misalignments (scoliosis, hyperlordosis, kyphosis, decreased lumbar lordosis)
- Misalignments in Upper extremities and lower extremities such as Rounded shoulders, winging scapula, flat feet, pigeon toes, genu valgus, genu recurvatum.
- Back issues: neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain, sciatic, herniated discs, hip out of alignment.
- Musculoskeletal Issues: tendonitis, rotator cuff issues, frozen shoulder, Dupuytren contracture, carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis.
- Radiculopathies: numbness and tingling in hands, headaches, vertigo, balance issues.
- Old traumas: fractures, sprain ankles, post surgery
How do I start? Give us a call to set up your first private session.