The key to healing is to help the tissue move in the right direction. Chaux Physical Therapy combines a series of skilled hands-on manual techniques to relieve pain, decrease inflammation, improve range of motion, decrease myofascial restrictions, and promote soft tissue repair. Physical Therapy can speed up the wound healing process with manual therapy.
The Wound Healing Process is Divided in Three Phases.
The Inflammatory, Repair, and the Remodelling Phase.
The inflammatory phase occurs immediately after an injury and last 72 hours. The inflammatory phase includes redness, inflammation, heat, pain, and functional disturbance.
Physical Therapy can provide gentle manual therapy to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and decrease the chance of developing scar tissue
The Repair Phase starts when the inflammation subsides after 72 hours, and it lasts for six weeks. This is the phase where the wound is repaired with new collagen. A Healthy new collagen tissue looks uneven in texture, does not bleed and is pink in color.
Physical Therapy provides multiple benefits during this phase:
- Accelerating the Healing the Process.
- Preventing the formation of restrictive and painful Adhesion.
- A decrease in Pain.
- Improves Flexibility and Posture.
- Improve the Delivery of Oxygen and Nutrients to the Scar Area.
The Remodeling phase in Physical Therapy lasts from three to twelve months and sometimes up to two years. The connective tissue continues healing and building scar tissue.
The Repair Phase starts when the inflammation subsided after 72 hours and last for 6 weeks. This is the phase where the wound is repaired with new collagen. A Healthy new collagen tissue looks uneven in texture, does not bleed and is pink in color.
Physical Therapy benefits during the Remodeling Phase include:
- Restore Full Range of Motion and Functional Mobility.
- Reset and Reprogram Compensation Patterns.
- Improve Posture Awareness.
- Decrease Scar Tissue Buildup.
- Retrain the Posture to Move more Efficiently.